Obtaining ESTA authorization for minors

All foreign nationals traveling to the United States must have a valid travel authorization. Minors between the ages of 2 and 18 must have a minor’s ESTA.

What is the ESTA form for minors?

An ESTA authorization for the United States is a travel authorization that allows you to enter the United States without a visa. If you wish to benefit from the Visa Waiver Program for your minor child, you must first verify that his or her profile meets certain criteria such as

An ESTA offers many advantages. It is a good alternative to a visa which is longer and more expensive to obtain.

An ESTA is valid for 2 years. It allows for multiple stays during this period. You can make several stays of less than 90 days without having to obtain a new authorization for each member of your family.

Apply for ESTA as a minor

Just like adults, minor children can travel to the United States with a simple ESTA. To do so, you just have to fill in a mandatory ESTA questionnaire on the Internet, which consists of three sections:

In order to proceed with the validation of the minor ESTA you must pay the processing fee for your ESTA.